Friday, March 19, 2010

Countdown: 5 Days

I know this is my first blog entry in some time.  Truth is, I've been feeling under the weather.  I've a cold on top of my normal pregnancy aches and pains.  So I've been trying to take it easy.  As easy as one can when you have a 14-month old running around who also has a cold and is cutting two molars, a top and a bottom on the same side.  Needless to say, Big C has been somewhat of a hot mess on occasion.  He is really a good boy though.  Even being sick he is just my sweet snuggly boy.  I found myself in tears a few days ago over the stresses of everything going on and things to come and he looked at me so sweetly then proceeded to crawl over to me, wrap his little arms around my neck and lay his head on my chest and hug me.  He knew I was upset and it was like he was saying, "It's OK Mommy, I'm here."  Honestly, I can't imagine my life without him and I thank God for giving me something so special and wonderful.  The best day of my life was the day I became a mother.

I had my last OB appointment yesterday morning.  Everything is a go for a c-section on Wednesday March 24th at 7:30am.  My doctor did send me over to L&D for a NST and an ultrasound to check the baby's AFI.  Everything is good and the AFI was 17, which I was told was a little excessive for fluid, but not a bad thing.  It may be why I'm not getting as much movement this week.  So much fluid is cushioning babe's movements.

I'm excited, nervous and I still feel totally unprepared this time around.  You'd think the opposite since I've done this before.  But I suppose when you are distracted with one little one, you tend to put other things off to "a later date" and that date turns out to be only a few days before the new little one makes his or her appearance!  Take names for example.  We still haven't decided on names yet.  But we finally did narrow our selections down to our top 5 favorites.  So over the next few days we want to narrow them down further to our top 2-3 names.  Then once baby is born, we'll be able to look at that little face and into those little eyes and "know" which name belongs to this baby.

I really thought I'd have more time to sit down and write about this pregnancy.  Especially at the end like I am now.  But with not being able to sleep at night, being exhausted during the day and having my tailbone, lower back and pelvis feel like it's about to crumble...I'm really not so keen on sitting in front of the computer.  The baby is sitting so low in my pelvis I am literally running to go pee every 20-30 minutes.  If I'm sitting down, whether I just went before I sat down or not, as soon as I stand I gotta go.  Walking is proving to be much more of a challenge this time.  I'm moving at a snail's pace.  Big C can clearly outpace me.  But if I try to walk any faster I get that electric like pain in my vajayjay area and it stops me in my tracks.  That means in the middle of the grocery aisle, walking to the car, crossing in the crosswalk with traffic waiting on my way to the parking garage of the hospital.

Needless to say, I'm ready for this baby to come, at least physically speaking.  Besides, I want to see, hold, smooch, snuggle and love up on my little one.  I've waited 9 months for this.  I'm ready!

-MoM-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com