Thursday, September 2, 2010

Snakes On A...Kitchen Floor?

Er, yes.  This morning J, told me he found a snake slithering across the kitchen floor.  I nearly had a heart attack!  He had it trapped in a cup on the kitchen counter.  I peered into the cup and saw that it was a teeny little thing, about 4 inches long.  I looked it up on the computer and identified it as a Southern Ringneck.  Small, harmless, bug/worm eater.  But still, I wasn't happy about it being in my kitchen.  Where did it come from?  I called A to ask where the bag of baby clothes she gave me Tuesday were sitting in her house.  It may have been coincidence but the snake was close to the bag that I brought into the house yesterday from my van.  It could have wandered into the bag from her house, or just found its way into mine.  Either way it was better I let her know in case some of its brothers/sister might be exploring.  Fortunately they are harmless little things and surprisingly rather pretty.  It was an exciting morning.  I mean really, how often do you find a snake in your kitchen?!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com